After feeling under the weather for what now seems like an eternity. Christamas eve and the day before, saw me put a bit of effort into my version of the Brewpi Spark.
I decided to use IEC 10A rated sockets and mount the SSR’s on the side of the chassis
A bit fiddley to get a screwdriver in but with the PSU installed Last it’s do-able
My Original Plan was to bring USB to the rear panel, but I couldn’t get a compact enough right angled Cable, in retrospect I have the Photon/Core too high on my board for my enclosure…, so holes in the Lid will suffice for the time being, two screws in the panel just coincide with the Pi case mounting slots to stop it sliding.
Last thing was to decide on the probe connection and inter connect. Since I already have 2 Arduino based BrewPi systems I wanted to be able to swap out the temperature probes so decided to stick with a DIN connector. They use a 3 Pin DIN so a 7 Pin DIN socket will take everything and still allow my existing Probes. I can see though that If I get any of Elco’s extra Expanders a DIN to RJ12 adapter will be necessary !
I had a slight moment updating from ver 0.2.11 to the latest 0.4.1, I got the White screen of death after running the Updater. So off came the Lid and a into DFU mode to run the right Tool using Terminal and all was well.
Next put it through its paces and test as a Herms Controller, possibly with a crib sheet to hand for all the new settings….
Merry Christmas 2015